The 8200IS Series is an advanced indicator with checkweigh features designed for use in hazardous locations — ideal for manufacturing processes where equipment is exposed to flammable gases; flammable or combustible liquid-produced vapors; combustible dusts or ignitable fibers; or flyings.
The 8200IS is extremely versatile for a range of environments and weighing demands, from on-site testing where portable battery-powered equipment is needed to large manufacturing facilities with permanent AC installation. Specific applications and environments include fuel refineries, machinery maintenance, chemical plants, chemical storage, distilleries, and textile manufacturing.
Key performance features include:
UL Intrinsically Safe (IS) Certified in all Classes, Divisions, and Groups in accordance with U.S. UL and American National Standards Institute (ANSI) and with CAN Standards. The indicator is also certified IP6X against hazardous dust and fine particles that can ignite.
Two power options: AC line power for permanent installation in the safe or hazardous area, and high-performance external rechargeable battery pack that can be easily removed for recharging in the safe area. For continuous battery power, maintaining multiple batteries allows for fast swapping in/out.
304 Stainless steel construction — ideal for heavy washdown and resistance to many chemicals and corrosion.
8200IS operational features include:
– Checkweigher features for accurate and easy verification that the product is at the correct weight — including a 250-product ID memory to store and recall a six-digit product ID along with Tare Weights, Accumulate Register, and Over / Under tolerances.
– Backlit display for readability in all lighting conditions.
– Responsive full numeric keypad that is easy to operate, even when wearing gloves.
– Fiber optic interface to safe area RS-232 printers or data collection software.
– Four Units of Measure: scroll to use scale in LB, KG, OZ or G mode.
– Two remote switch outputs.
– Use with up to four 350-ohm load cells, ideal for interface with IS certified floor scales or tank and hopper scales.